1. How do I enrol for one of your courses?
To join one of our workshops or tours, simply follow the steps:
- Fill in the Online Booking Form
within 48 hours you will be advised of the availability of your chosen course
- payment will only be requested on confirmation of a place, in case your chosen course is not available we will do our best to accommodate you on the next best course
- your place is finally confirmed once we have received your payment
- the payment should be received not later than 3 days before the course starts.
2. In which languages are the course taught?
Our courses are taught in German and English.
3. Do you also offer courses for kids and teenager?
The minimum age to join the photo courses is 18 (younger students can join with written authorisation from a parent/guardian, please contact us before booking).
4. Do I need any knowledge in photography to participate in the course?
No, you don’t need any knowledge in photography to participate in any of our courses. Some of our students come with the camera still in the box. Ideally, you would learn with your own camera, because different models vary a lot.
5. Which camera would you recommend buying?
When buying a camera you have to think about the size, weight, design, etc.
We recommend the following camera kits:
CANON 600D body + 18-200mm lens (Canon or Sigma) or Standard 18-55mm lens.
NIKON D3200 or D5200 body + 18-200 lens (Nikon or Sigma) or Standard 18-55mm lens.
These cameras and lenses above meet all the requirements for great pictures, they are light and equipped with an “all in one” zoom lens that is great for general photography.
6. What do I need to bring to the photo course?
You need to bring your own camera, lens or lenses, fully charged battery, clean memory card, pen and paper. Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes as we walk a lot to locations. Please check the weather forecast and be prepared for cold, rain, snow, and hopefully, a lot of sunshine.
I don’t have a camera. Can I still participate in the course?
Yes, you can. If you don’t have your own camera you can use one of ours for our workshops and tours. Olympus has provided BSP with OM-D cameras.
8. Do you offer accommodation?
We can recommend some hotels in central Berlin, which are located very close to the location we normally start.
Soho House: www.sohohouseberlin.com
Mani Hotel und Amano Hotel: www.amanogroup.de
Motel One: www.motel-one.com
9. If I cannot make the course dates, I have booked, can I book another date or get a refund?
Bookings can only be rescheduled with 14 days notice and must be taken within three months of original booking.
10. Is there a refund for cancellations?
If you decide to withdraw from a workshop, you must inform us at least 14 days before the first day of class and we will refund your fees. If you do not notify us of your withdrawal 14 days before the start of the course, we will refund your fees, minus a 25% withdrawal fee. This applies to all courses and tours.
Gift Vouchers are not refundable and must be used within 3 months of their issue date. Gift Vouchers can only be extended 1 extra month with 14 days notice from the expiry date.
If we need to cancel a photo course or photo tour, we will refund 100% your fees, and we will do our best to accommodate you on the next best course.
11. What is the minimum number of participants?
The minimum number of participants is 3 and the maximum number of participants is 8.